Cycling has become the new golf and is taking the world by storm. If you need a conversation starter you can always break the ice by talking about cycling … C’mon golf is just so yesterday…
Árni Már Jónsson, Dohop’s CTO, is a biker by heart and has participated in many competitions. He loves to combine his vacations with his hobby and recommends these ten following spots. Now you can enjoy your vacation and get some exercise while exploring different routes and landscapes, all depending on your interests and physical form.
- Perfect to cycle around in spring and winter when road traffic is minimal and weather bright and warm.
- Leisure, mountain, road cycling etc. etc. – you can definitely find some fun routes.
- Try for example the Andalucian Cycling Experience whether you like a guided or self-guided cycling holiday.
- Beautiful lakes, rough mountains and quiet roads make it perfect for cycling but this can though be quite tough.
- Temperatures flexes greatly, from 30°C in the summer to 0°C in the winter.
- Bike map for Colorado
- Breathtaking roads by the coast and challenging mountains when you travel inland.
- Whether you are a mountain biker or more of a road biker you will surely find your perfect route.
- You can e.g. find a tours such as cyclegrancanaria.com.
- October to February; perfect weather for biking.
- Rugged landscape for both on and off road cycling, which can be really adventurous.
- You can even go on specific cycling tours where you can enjoy the wildlife while cycling in National Parks. Just be careful, the animal might run faster than you bike.
-Must visit cycle destinations; sprawling sandy beaches and fantastic mountain routes.
- Might be too hot for you in January and February; 29°C, so you might want to go down under later in the year.
- Here are some cycle rides that might fit your needs.
- You can choose flat loops on quiet roads or take monstrous rides such that pack 4000 m of climbing in 168 km.
- Usually quite mild weather, though it can snow in January and February.
- Nice guides for cycle routes in Mallorca or you can simply just jump on your bike and start cycling.
- You can choose the beach routes, mountain routes or even the desert.
- Any time is good time to go to California just depends on when you want to cycle.
- You can choose all the different routes all dependent on what you want to experience.
- The Island boosts the longest continuous ascent in Europe so you can climb from sea level to over 2100 m in one go.
- Moderate weather throughout the year makes it a perfect destination to just jump on the next plane and bike away.
- Of course you can find various tours at the island.
- Here you can definitely get the cultural ride by rolling through vineyards, olive groves, castles and villas.
- Might be better to visit nearer to the summer as this destination is quite northerly.
- Perfect to cycle on your own or in a guided tour, here are some cycling routes.
The French Riviera
- Jump on the next plane if you like the sun, sea and mountains.
- If you really like to take it slow you can simply put a baguette and bottle of wine in your basket and ride slowly to the next picnic spot.
- Or you can take hard or soft cycle trip.
Please let us know if you have any other tips on bicycling trips
Enjoy the ride
What did you think?